Intellectual Property in the Development of Innovations in the Field of Medicine
Intellectual property protection in the field of biotechnology is a key tool for attracting investment and commercializing technologies. Intellectual property has a great value for the commercialization of scientific results of biomedical projects. The number of biotech patents is growing by 25-30% annually. According to Rospatent, today medicine is one of the areas where the largest number of patents are issued, and during the pandemic, Rospatent received more than 200 applications connected to COVID-19.
The educational seminar will be devoted to topical issues of identification and registration of exclusive rights of the results of intellectual activity in the field of medicine and pharmacy. The seminar was prepared for participants of the Patents Power competition, biotechnological startups, representatives of the pharmaceutical industry and the academic environment, representatives of state authorities and development institutions
• Recent legislative changes and trends in intellectual property protection in the pharmaceutical industry
• Features of patenting developments in the field of biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
• International patenting and WIPO services for biotech startups
• The role of patents in the development of biotech startups. Practical steps for startups in the development of innovative medicines. Features of patenting developments in the field of pharmaceuticals and medicine within the Eurasian patent system and in other jurisdictions.
• How to sell your invention abroad: typical mistakes of start-up companies and practical tips
World Intellectual Property Organization Office in the Russian Federation, Assistant Program Officer